Friday, December 4, 2009

Digital story December 4, 2009

This week I have been continuing to work on my digital story. It's been fun to collect images, put them in order, and manipulate them. I have been learning how to use Photostory. It's amazing how many things you can do and how simple it is to use. This week my group is also going to add narration, credits, and music. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

I would love to use this tool for lesson plans or projects in other classes. I would also like to use it to make a digital story of something like a wedding, baptism, or eagle ceremony. It would also be neat to do a life history using a digital story. It would also be useful to teach my children so they could make one for a school project. At their school they can do a research project which they present to the class. It would be really fun to do it in a digital story.

I feel like my view is opening to all the media that is available to students to use. I would love to use digital stories in my lesson plans at school. It would also be neat to teacher older students how to create a digital story. I could envision using a digital story to go along with a class presentation on Vetran's Day, for example. I think this knowledge will make me a better teacher and colleague.

I watch a video called Managing Millennials by Lynne Lancaster. She had many good ideas about managing millennials born from 1980-2000. She had many good insights about the characteristics of different generations and how to work together. She said the millenials are confident, hopeful, practical, and goal oriented. She said in order to recruit them companies need to be up to date, have strong values, set expectations, and allow millenials to collaborate with others. Lancaster also suggested that supervisers be leaders, keep millenials challenged, make work fun, repect the millenial's ideas, and be flexible. I think that the rising generation is competent and intelligent. We need to work together with them to achieve together.

No comments:

Post a Comment