Sunday, November 1, 2009

My Beliefs

I believe that technology should be used in the classroom. I think it is very useful for a teacher to have email and a class page so that students and parents are informed about assignments and can communicate with the teacher. Blogging is a fun way for students to improve their writing skills (whether they know it or not) and to express themselves. Having students create Powerpoint, digital stories, and webquests would also be a great way for them to learn and develop computer skills and other knowledge. Programs which teach students basic skills are also useful. I agree with NETS that it's important for teachers to have a sound understanding of computers and to continually stay curent with new technology. I plan on doing this!



The children of today live in a new age of technology. They expect instant communication and gratification. By using computers in the classroom I can "keep the joy of learning alive." (Millenial Generation video) By using technology in the classroom I can be a better, more relevant teacher. By using computers, students will develop vital skills which will prepare them for future life and careers. Technological skills will propel them forward and allow them to be the leaders of the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment