Sunday, November 1, 2009

Strengths and Weaknesses

One of my strengths according to the UNI survey and NET standards are my awareness of how computers can be used in business, industry, and society. I have used computers at work and know how vital they are to efficiency, record keeping, communication, and information availability. Another strength is using audio and visual resources. I think I have become better at finding sites which would be useful and interesting in class.

Some of my weaknesses in computer knowledge are using the Macintosh sysytem, computer terminology, trouble-shooting techniques, and learning how to use graphic organizers. I have heard that many schools use Mac systems so I need to learn more about them. I found two sites that would be useful in developing my computer skills. The first is Switch 101 which teaches about Mac systems. The second is the Teacher tap site on graphic organizers called eduscapes.com. These sites look user friendly and informative. I would like to improve my weaknesses and continue learning more about technology. My goals as a teacher are to be an awesome teacher and earn lots of money.

My goal as a teacher is to integrate technology in the classroom. I would like to have the children create things like Powerpoint, their own calender, and a blogging site. I would also like students to use webquests. I think as I use technology I'll be a better teacher who interests the students and teaches them current issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment