Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Ideal Teaching September 22, 2010

How is living what you believe both difficult and easy for teachers?

I think it's easy to live what you believe because that is what comes naturally. If you truly believe that all children are decent human beings you will treat them kindly and fairly. I think as we learn about becoming teachers it's easy to get excited about teaching and think how cute the children will be, how we will differentiate, how we will integrate the subjects, and how we will change their lives. But I'm sure when we start teaching it will be a highly challenging job. I think the difficulty will be remembering in the daily grind what we want to teach like. I think it will be important to constantly reflect on how well we are doing and what we can do better. It will be imperative to continuously learn new things and use current teaching techniques and information. As a teacher it will be important to truly get to know the students and try to cater our teaching to their interests, personalities, and their level of learning. It will be important to know them so we can truly care about and help them. I want the students to enjoy learning and enjoy each other. My goal is to remember the lofty goals that we have learned in school and to help each student progress from where they start and help them become a better human being.

1 comment: