Saturday, October 31, 2009

Digital stories week two

Happy Halloween! We're on our second week of digital storytelling. This week we learned about writing our script, adding pictures, editing them, moving them around, zooming in and out, and adding text on top of the pictures. We also learned how to add music and the order we need to do everything in.

I think I could use digital storytelling in many ways. It would be a great way to introduce a topic to a class. It could also be used at the end of the year to make a fun slideshow with music and script. Digital storytelling would also be a good thing for students to learn how to do themselves. I would love to use it in my other classes here at UVU. I wish I had found out about it sooner. It would have been a neat project for the elementary education fair.

In the future I could see using digital storytelling in many ways. It would be a good way to motivate students to write. I think when you start thinking about something that really impacts you emotionally and is very powerful it really gets you excited about your subject. It makes you want to learn more. When you start to see images about your subject and start thinking about music that fits the theme it pulls you even deeper into the subject. I think digital storytelling would be a way to engage students in writing and research. I would love to use it in the classroom, with my family, and at church.

I watched the digital story on NASA. It was a really good digital story. It was sobering to see all the astronauts who have sacrificed their lives in the name of science. This story had a lot of really neat pictures and sensitive music that added to the story. I thought it was a very engaging digital story which educated without being boring. It really pulled me in and made me think about the human sacrifices that are made in order to advance the space program.

No comments:

Post a Comment